- The Moneyist: My mother left a home in Savannah, Ga., on 5 acres. I want to sell. My brother threatened to sue me for harassment and ‘ruin me.’on November 29, 2020 at 8:16 pm
‘My sister also does not want to sell the property because it has been in the family for 90 years.’
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: Pope Francis takes aim at anti-mask protesters: ‘They are incapable of moving outside of their own little world’on November 29, 2020 at 8:15 pm
The Spanish Steps are free of tourists. The Trevi Fountain is blocked off with yellow ‘caution’ tape. Two nuns cut a dramatic silhouette across an empty Peter’s Square.
- From jobs to child care: How this second surge in COVID-19 can damage your finances — as well as your healthon November 29, 2020 at 8:13 pm
More people were having trouble getting enough food on the table in early November compared to five weeks earlier.
- The Moneyist: I have 8 nieces and nephews. What is the appropriate age to stop giving envelopes full of money during the holidays?on November 29, 2020 at 8:12 pm
‘Sometimes, we don’t even see the kids for the holidays and we’re just pushing around cards and envelopes.’
- The Moneyist: I am a white woman of privilege and a single mother. I need a ‘zinger’ to stop my sister-in-law telling me why I have it so goodon November 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm
The Moneyist reveals his 5 golden rules for dealing with difficult people.
- The Moneyist: I paid for my wife’s M.A. and vacations. I suggested we save for a house, but she left me — and my in-laws told me to be a manon November 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm
‘I told her that, given that she achieved her dream of getting a master’s degree, now it is my turn to fulfill my dream of owning a home.’
- : Remember, COVID-19 spread when 5 million people left Wuhan for Chinese New Year — yet an estimated 50 million Americans traveled for Thanksgivingon November 29, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Over 266,000 people have died in the U.S. from the coronavirus.
- Mutual Funds Weekly: These money and investing tips can help you manage your portfolio — and your expectations — in 2021on November 29, 2020 at 6:43 pm
These money and investing stories were popular with MarketWatch readers over the past week.
- The Moneyist: My father wants to deed his kids his home before Prop 19 takes effect. I suggested a life estate instead — he said I’m ungratefulon November 29, 2020 at 12:29 pm
‘California passed Proposition 19, which will in part require that inherited homes that are not used as principal residences, such as second homes or rentals, be reassessed at market value when transferred.'
- The Moneyist: My wife wants to pay for her sister’s $25K wedding. My future brother-in-law is blue collar — and earns more money than meon November 29, 2020 at 12:29 pm
‘Five years ago, she and her sister inherited a substantial amount of money, split equally between them. Think low six figures.’